Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving, belatedly.

I am thankful for my family, so thankful, in fact, that I stand in awe of the showering of blessings they represent. I am thankful for turkey, buttery carrots, homemade cranberry sauce, bread stuffing, and pumpkin cheesecake. I am thankful to have a toddler who actually ate turkey, buttery carrots, homemade cranberry sauce, bread stuffing, and pumpkin cheesecake thus proving to his uncle what an eating prodigy he is. (His uncle need not know about the deal-making that goes on at at least fifty percent of our usual dinners.) I am further thankful that I was given a mysterious reprieve from my usual 3pm-to-bedtime bout of "morning" sickness and was able not only to enjoy the turkey, buttery carrots, homemade cranberry sauce, bread stuffing, and pumpkin cheesecake, but also to keep it.

First ultrasound today, folks. Eleven weeks, four days. Due date: June 19, 2009.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! What wonderful news!

Praying for you and for that tiny little one.

Becca said...

What exciting news! Congratulations!!!!! Also great news about Thanksgiving dinner. Many things to be thankful for indeed!

Tracy said...

Congrats! That is great news! I'll be praying for you and this new little one.

Christy said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad everything went well.

Salome Ellen said...

Congratulations!!

Whimsy said...

CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh congratulations Maureen! So excited for you!!! YAY!