Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Forty-ONE weeks

Well, I'm still on my couch. Even though Jack is at his grandparents', I'm not at Up, because, as much as Andrew and I hate to waste this last golden opportunity to go to an actual movie theater, we're just too darn tired. It sort of felt like a chore.

I am scheduled for an induction tomorrow. When my sister was induced, she had to be at the hospital by 7am, but my hospital works differently. They will call us when they have a bed available, and we will have one hour to get there. They can call us any time between 6am and 10pm. So... yeah. Let's hope for, say, 8am? Fortunately, the hospital is only ten minutes away, so as long as we're awake by 6:00 we're good.

I had an biophysical ultrasound and a non-stress test today just to check that everything's fine, and everything's fine. All signs point to this kid's just being really, really comfortable. But me? Not so much with the comfortable. More with the lots-of-pain-whenever-I-move. Incidentally, my mom stayed with Jack today during my tests, and I asked her how she ever survived carrying me the three extra weeks she had to - have I told you I was three weeks late? - and she said she cried a lot. "I can believe it!" I told her.

I will say that she looks pretty cute on the ultrasound. We could see her little nose and she kept sticking out her tongue, much to the amusement of the tech. I asked the tech if she really does have fat cheeks or do they always look like that in an ultrasound, and, sadly, she said they always look like that in an ultrasound. But that's not to say she doesn't have fat cheeks. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Man, it feels weird to write that. We'll find out tomorrow. But here's hoping that a miracle occurs before I have to get induced. I've tried a variety of reported labor-inducing techniques including scrubbing the kitchen floor and eggplant. I mean I ate the eggplant, I didn't scrub it. So now, we wait.

I leave you with the final belly shot. Bonus points for any Mr. Pickles sightings.

41 weeks 2

41 weeks 1

See you on the other side!

13 comments:

Lizzie said...

Good luck tomorrow! We'll all say prayers tonight for an early-ish induction and an easy and safe birth. Can't wait to see the baby!

Becca said...

We all wish you well! I know you will be so happy to be not pregnant anymore!

Kate W. said...

Hey! I wish you the best of luck! Hoping for an easy, fast delivery and a sweet chuncky cheeked baby!

Whimsy said...

Good luck with everything!

And hey - a bonus to your odd hospital call-you-when-they-have-a-bed policy, it's **sort of** surprising when you'll be headed over there, so it's **sort of** like spontaneously going into labor??? Maybe????

Ignore me. I'm trying to be optimistic.

And hello there Mr. Pickles!

sagessa said...

Best of luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!

Anne said...

Have a wonderful birthing day!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Does Mr. Pickles get to come to the hospital, too?

Good luck to you today! Maybe this means your super comfortable baby will be the most relaxed, laid back, best sleeping baby ever!

Kristin said...

Maybe you should have scrubbed the eggplant, just in case.

Best of luck today!

Mama Bub said...

Dude, I'm totally hoping for a Mr. Pickles birth suite sighting.

Joy said...

Happy Labor Day!

Swistle said...

Best wishes for today!

Anonymous said...

Read this post on Thursday afternoon and am hoping, wishing and praying that you are holding your baby girl!

Safe delivery!!

And can't wait for baby girl to meet Mr. Pickles!

~laura

Chrystal said...

They had to go in and get mine too. Only three days late, and that's simply because I was already at the hospital doing the non-stress tests, and the doc had the time. Otherwise, who knows how long he would have hung out in there.
Gooood lucccckk!!