I thoroughly enjoyed making the thankful tree last year, so today we did it again. I had to, it is on the list of "Monday chores" for getting ready to host Thanksgiving this week.
I now present to you Jack's list of things he is thankful for, in the order he mentioned them:
1. my scooter
3. chicken [Technically, items 2. and 3. were presented as "food and chicken and stuff." -ed.]
4. shows [A repeat item! What can I say, the kid loves TV.]
5. Mommy [Daddy didn't make the cut, but don't feel bad, because he's the thing Jack is thankful for at school.]
7. my bed
8. fishing [Note: he has never been fishing.]
9. my helmet
10. our house
11. my family
12. the color yellow
13. corn on the cob
For contrast, here is my list, which I made in order to subtly suggest to him things that might be good to put on the tree:
1. the dishwasher
2. our house
7. the internet [What? I'm also putting on things I'm actually thankful for, after all.]
8. my bed
10. Grammy and Papa
I also made a list on Nora's behalf. It includes one item.
1. my baby
Andrew made his list when he got home:
2. superbowl parties
3. the Merritt parkway
Now Andrew's list needs a bit of explanation. First, Jack requested that he put on gum. I think because Jack is planning to buy gum for Andrew's birthday present, and he wanted to be sure he really does like it. "Well, I guess I am thankful for gum," conceded Andrew. As for the other two, well, Andrew and I met at a superbowl party and got engaged on the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut on the way back to grad school/ his job.
Excuse me, I have something in my eye.