Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Carpe-ing the diem as best I can

You know how old ladies have a tendency to tell moms with little kids to make sure they savor every moment because it all goes by so fast? And meanwhile the moms are counting every dragging minute till bedtime? Well I was at the mall yesterday with Nora and Ann Marie and two old ladies came over to admire the baby. There was much oohing and ahhing over my sweet baby, and it turned out the first lady had a daughter named Ann Marie. Then the second lady said, "Oh, to be young again! Enjoy it!" and the first lady said, "Oh, I wouldn't do that again! I had seven, that's enough for me."

My kids were being sweet and enjoyable that day, so I didn't have much to complain about at that moment, but I couldn't help but think of this post, and smile to myself. It was just so refreshing.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yes, I loved that post.

I like that my mom doesn't act like having young kids were the best years of her life. She says having three kids in three years was wonderful once we were older (school age), the first few years were really rough. Of course, she uses this to try and talk me into having more kids right away. "Sure, it will suck now - but you'll love it when they're older!"