Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fine motor skills

Excuse me while I brag just a little, but Nora, who is three, made a Valentine for her teacher. First she cut along the line I drew for her to make a heart, which she glued onto red paper:

 photo IMG_0038_zps39d655e9.jpg
Look at that cutting! I swear I did not help her at all, other than to offer encouragement when she initially failed to follow the curve.

Then, completely unprompted, she cut another heart out all on her own:

 photo IMG_0039_zps6bd33dd6.jpg
Can you see the heart-like shape? She also wrote her own name, but that part was strongly prompted by me. Still, though, I think it's pretty good.

Jack's fine motor skills aren't too shabby either. Look at the Lego space shuttle he and his dad assembled:

 photo IMG_4387_zps684c43a7.jpg
Not too shabby, I'd say.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, I didn't even think about having Margaret cut out a heart herself! (I did it all for her.) Excellent job, Nora!

Anonymous said...

Totally, totally awesome.
Love from your Anonymous Mom