- It was finally my turn for Wild by Cheryl Strayed from the library, and I read it all week at my in-laws' while my floors were being refinished. I was thoroughly enjoying it. I am not enjoying it any longer because it has disappeared. I haven't seen it since the in-laws'. I have checked and rechecked all the bags we had with us, and I looked all over the car as well. My mother-in-law swears it's not at her house, but I don't know. I think she's holding out on me. Doesn't want to get on her own library's waiting list. But wherever it is now, it's supposed to be back at the library tomorrow, so I have to go down there and pay for it instead of racking up the late fees. I think they refund the money if you find it after the fact, so let's all hope that the act of paying for it will make it magically reappear in my
- For this story, you will need to know that my sister has a nine-year-old son, a seven-year-old daughter, and a two-year-old son. I was talking to my sister last week, and her daughter was home sick from school. Around 1:30 or so, she started saying she needed to go, because she had to get in the car so the two-year-old could get a reasonable nap in on the way to school pick-up. The interesting thing here, though, is that her husband was picking up the nine-year-old that day to take him to ski club. Let me ask you this: At what point would YOU have realized you were loading your sick daughter into the car to go pick the very same daughter up from school? Me, I think I might have gotten as far as pulling out of the driveway. My sister figured it out while on the phone with me, though.
- I just had to pay a whole bunch of bills and it was really depressing. Don't let people tell you that painting is cheap, folks. Gah.
- Easter is going to be at my house this year, because we have all this SPACE. I'm looking forward to it.
- The skunk is gone. The skunk guy set the trap on Thursday; there was a skunk inside it by Friday morning. The poor skunk is gone now, so we just have to watch for signs of other skunks. Well, and also take down the shed and pour some concrete or something, but that's not for a while. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that our skunk was a hermit.
- I gave Andrew a haircut tonight. We bought a Wahl clipper to save on haircuts for him and Jack, and it has paid for itself many times over. But Andrew has also paid, because I am really not good at giving haircuts. He actually cuts Jack's hair so only one person has to suffer my poor skills, and Jack's hair always comes out fine. But poor Andrew. One time, I gave him an actual bald spot behind his ear, but he remained patient and forgave me. I've gotten better, so now when I cut it he ends up with merely a mediocre haircut instead of a "What happened to YOU?" haircut, so that's something. But can you imagine how it would have gone down if Andrew had put a bald spot in MY hair? Not well. It would not have gone down well.
- I am out of takes.