Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Children of the girl persuasion

I’m not sure if I’ve made this clear, but I have a lot of nieces and nephews. Five nieces and four nephews, in fact, with two more of as yet unknown gender on the way. One of these nieces is currently two years old, and likes pink. Seriously, she really, really likes pink. A lot. The other day, several of us were at my parents’ house, and the two-year-old, Princess, was standing on a chair at the sink washing dishes while the rest of us were in the living room. Suddenly, a cry rang out.

“MOMMY!” she yelled. “I LIKE PINK!”

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's adorable. It made me smile. :o)

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the two year old brain has gotten the idea of ownership and not yet gotten the idea of things that cannot be owned. Therefore no one else is allowed to like pink. Sometimes we get tested on this. "Mommy, which one would you like?" "I'd like the green one." "What about the pink one?" "Okay, I'll take pink." "NO! IIIIIIII like pink!"

Anonymous said...

This is a test comment.