Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Things I Want To Remember

Still no baby, in case you were wondering. But there are two things that I'm afraid I will forget if I don't write them down. First, in Jack's world, the opposite of "remember" is "reget." As in, "Daddy, Mommy regot to put the cranberries in the banana bread." You have to admit, there is a logic to it. I don't know how long he'll keep it up, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Second, we have four Elmo books that Jack has developed an obsession with, and we read them four times a day. He's pretty much memorized them, and he likes to talk to the pictures in Elmo's ABC Book, particularly the Elmo the "S" page because it's a close up, and the Elmo on the "U" page because he is upside down.(That reminds me of a third thing: For Jack, the opposite of "upside down" is "upside up.") We usually spend quite a long time on these two pages talking to Elmo, asking him questions like, "Are you upside down, Elmo?", etc. Yesterday, I remembered that we have an Elmo doll and pulled him out for Jack to play with.

Jack loved it, and talked to Elmo all evening, completely ignoring me who was making Elmo talk. And then he told Elmo it was time for him to get ready for bed. He took him into the bathroom to give him a bath, but then brought him back out to me for the bath, probably because, mysteriously, Elmo didn't sit up and talk without me. He told Elmo to look up so that he could rinse his hair, and then he took Elmo into his bedroom and shut the door. A few minutes later he came out, closing the door behind him.

How I wish I could have seen what went on while they were in there, because when I went in afterwards I found this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: