Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Just a quick update: Today I had no postpartum hormonal episodes at ALL. This is likely because of a variety of reasons. First, Andrew took Jack to Home Depot this morning, and came upon a kid-activity, so he was there for quite a while, giving me a lovely break. Second, the sun came out and it was GORGEOUS weather, and after lunch we all walked to the park and then had ice cream. So all in all, today was awesome.

Andrew goes back to work on Monday with the caveat that I can call him in a panic if I need to and he'll come home. We also have a plan of attack for dinner for the upcoming weeks. He and I will plan out the meals over the weekend, and I will be feeding Jack when he gets up from his nap instead of waiting till Andrew gets home. This will make things much easier, I think. And for the upcoming week, at least, Jack will be eating lots of mac and cheese and the like until he gets used to the new schedule. Andrew has been my rock during this period, completely understanding and willing to do whatever I need to get me through.

So. Things are better, and more under control. I was even able to upload some photos. You are welcome.

Photobucket
Two Days Old

Photobucket
Paging Mr. Pickles

Snorfling
When she's rooting, I like to put her on my cheek because it feels like kisses. Plus, she makes a snorfling sound.

Photobucket
Dear Lord, I have two kids.

Photobucket
And one of them has very tiny feet.

Photobucket
Home Depot project

Photobucket
The poorly thought out glitter project from the other day

Photobucket
This was supposed to be a shot of her July 4th outfit which reads, "American Cutie"

8 comments:

Heather R said...

Andrew is such a wonderful husband...that's all I have to say.

Swistle said...

I lovvvvvvve cheek snorfles!!

Anonymous said...

Baby toes!!! I love baby toes.

Mr. Pickles loves snorfles, too!

Becca said...

The "Oh my goodness I have two kids" picture is so wonderful!!!

Glad to hear you sounding so good!! I think the dinner plan sounds like a good one.

Lauren said...

Congratulations! I've had two kids for a whole year now and I can tell you it gets better, and then worse, and then better, and then a little worse, and then better, etc. Overall, just like with the first kid, it does get easier over time because you learn the tricks. If I weren't so tired from chasing two kids I might be able to remember some to share...

Lindsay said...

oooooo thank you for the photos. And the captions. I luh me some captions. Good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'll sure be waiting to see those pictures ready for ordering. God gave you two cuties.

Love,
You know who

Joy said...

Yay for a better day, feeling good about the coming week & happy engaged toddlers.
Thanks for posting pictures! Hope Nora becomes slightly less of a Clingon soon.